Skills First – Government Subsided Courses for Domestic Students
Skills First Program is a Victorian State Government scheme that provides access to government subsided courses to eligible individuals.
These government funded courses aim at contributing with menpower to the overall Victorian skilled workforce. Therefore, qualifications are offered in the following professional sectors:
- Medical technology and pharmaceuticals
- New energy technology
- Food and fibre
- Defence and construction technology
- International education and professional services.
If an individual is eligible, the government will contribute to the overall cost of training (no tuition fees).
You can apply to these government subsidies courses if you meet the following criteria:
- Year 11 completed in Australia or overseas (If oversease, must be equivalent to Australian Year 11);
- 18 years old and over;
- Student must not have completed a course which is at a higher level compared to the course he/she applies for
- Student must live in Victoria and be resident in Victoria
- Student must hold PR or Australian Citizenship or NZ Citizenship
- Student must provide in full colour front and back copy of Medicare Card and Driver licence or citizenship
Therefore, if you are an Australian Permanent Resident or citizen and you live in Victoria, you might be entitled to apply for the Skill First Program.